$17.00 – $18.00 / hour to start
Looking to start your career? Mounds Pet Food Warehouse is essential and so are you: We are hiring Assistant Managers at all 5 locations!
Being a good global citizen means investing in the growth, health, and well-being of the local economy. Mounds is local and employee-owned: We strive to be a positive example in the communities we serve in our dedication to employee wellbeing and through the organizations we support.
Mounds Pet Food Warehouse is an award-winning business because of the people who work here. Mounds employees are passionate about what they do at Mounds for our customers and the community. We take pride in being a socially conscious business, cultivating and building relationships with rescue groups, humane societies, animal organizations, and Police K9s for the greater good of their missions, the community, and its animals.
Work is more than just work when you are surrounded by passionate people, are giving back to others, and are an important part of the lives of people and their pets.
At Mounds, we think employees want stability in their pay and work/life balance. As part of our commitment to work/life balance, Mounds has family-friendly hours, paid leave, and paid holidays. In addition to paid time off, we offer a competitive wage, advancement opportunities, health, dental, AFLAC, employer-paid disability/life insurance, two retirement plans, and an amazing, generous employee discount.
Mounds’ Assistant Store Managers work 40 hours per week in the physical store Monday – Friday 8 am -8:30 pm, Saturdays 8:30 am – 6:30 pm and Sundays 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. While occasional overtime is required, we remain committed to limiting the amount of overtime hours logged by employees to those that are absolutely necessary.
A typical day on the job includes:
- Managing day-to-day operations of physical retail store location;
- Completing store opening and closing procedures multiple times per week, including weekends;
- Hiring, training, motivating and coaching employees for success;
- Supervising employees, delegating tasks, evaluating employee performance, and scheduling;
- Keeping the store stocked, organized, clean and attractive to customers;
- Resolving conflicts or complaints from customers and employees;
- Maintaining knowledge of products available in the store;
- Ordering inventory, stocking sales floor, scanning items into the digital inventory system and merchandising.
We ensure managers are in a position to succeed by providing training, feedback, and the opportunity to advance personal and professional goals. Please submit a resume at: https://moundspet.com/management-application/
The starting pay is $17.00 – $18.00 per hour + bonuses. This is a full-time 40 + hours per week job: Raises are tied to performance milestones and our Bonus Program includes all employees. Overtime pay is $25.50 – $27.00 per hour for hours worked in excess of 40 hours per week. While paid on the job training is provided, 3 or more years of retail management experience is preferred. Less experienced managers are encouraged to apply.